Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.
Ryan Library subscribes to over 80 Reference Databases. These subscription-based resources provide online access to journal and magazine articles and/or citations.
You can access these databases from many places on the Ryan Library home page, including:
- Choose a specific database from our alphabetical list of All Databases.
- Choose all of our EBSCO databases by using the search box in the Articles tab under Quick Search Tools.
- Choose "Research Guides" and select a discipline or course to see recommended databases.
If prompted, simply enter your PLNU network ID username and password.
Here is an example:
Password: your usual PLNU network password
Questions? Contact us.
Note: If you are a guest in the library and wish to use a database, see a librarian for assistance.
Finding full text for specific article
|allows members of the PLNU community to request articles from another library.
Before you request an article, it is important that you complete the following steps (in this order) to verify that the article is not available at PLNU:
- Find out if the journal is full text in one of our databases.
- Find out if the journal (hard copy) is located in Ryan Library. (NOTE: If you are a student, faculty or staff at one of PLNU's Regional Centers, and the journal is at Ryan Library, we will scan the article and email it to you. Use InterLibrary Loan to request the article, but type "In Ryan Library" in the Notes field on your request.)