Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ryan Library subscribes to thousands of eBooks through two different ebook collections:
- Ebook Central: This exciting collection of scholarly ebooks provides access to over 140,000 scholarly and reference books, including many award-winning titles. Users can create a "bookshelf" to organize their own content. This collection is integrated into WorldCat, or may be searched separately using Ebook Central link.
- EBSCO ebooks: This collection provides full-text access to hundreds of digital version of books on a variety of subjects.
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.
Find Books @ Ryan Library
WorldCat is the tool you need to research books (and more). With one search, you will find:
- Books and media materials at PLNU
- ebooks available through PLNU
- Articles from some of our most-used databases
- Books available through WorldCat at other institutions (request through InterLibrary Loan)
A few things you should know:
- For books found in Ryan Library, the check out period for PLNU students and staff is 3 weeks, with an option to renew for an additional 3 weeks. The check out period for faculty is 6 months, with no opportunity to renew.
- For books borrowed through InterLibrary Loan, borrowing periods vary.
- You can renew PLNU books online by accessing My Library Account.
Special Instructions for Regional Centers Faculty
If you are a faculty member at one of PLNU's Regional Centers and wish to check out a book from Ryan Library, follow these steps:
- Use WorldCat to search for books.
- Note author, title, and call number.
- Use InterLibrary Loan to have the book sent to you. (HINT: Use the Notes Field to let us know that you are a student, faculty, or staff member at one of our Regional Centers.)
- The book will be mailed to you; you will return it via mail.
- You can renew books online by logging in and using the "My Library Account" link in the upper right of the screen.