Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PLNU Academic Honesty Policy
The Point Loma Nazarene University community holds the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all aspects of university life. Any violation of the university’s commitment is a serious affront to the very nature of Point Loma’s mission and purpose.
Violations of academic honesty include cheating, plagiarism, falsification, aiding academic dishonesty, and malicious interference.
For the complete policy, please click on the following link: PLNU Academic Honesty
What is Plagiarism?
All of the following are considered plagiarism, whether intentional or not:
- turning in someone else's work as your own
- copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
- failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
- giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
- paraphrasing or summarizing someone else's words without giving credit
- using your own work, or a substantial portion of it, in a course other than the one for which it was origianally written without permission from your instructor to reuse the material.
EndNote (Basic) is a web-based tool for managing and citing references in papers and creating bibliographies which allows users to:
- Search online resources
- Collect and organize references
- Format citations and footnotes or a bibliography
- Use numerous citation styles including APA, MLA, Chicago (Turabian).
Addtional instructions are at the Endnote Guide.
- EndNote is available to current members of the PLNU community.
- The first time you use EndNote, login with your PLNU Network ID and password.
- Once you get to EndNote, you will be asked to create a login that can be used from anywhere--it will not be necessary to go through the PLNU website for future sign-ins to EndNote.
- NOTE: EndNote works best in the Firefox browser.