Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ryan Library Covid-19 Information
Ryan Library is committed to providing access to materials and services for all Point Loma Nazarene University students, faculty, and staff. Our highest priority is to protect the safety of library users while still allowing access to the resources needed for research and study.
Ryan Library Building (including Printing and Computer Labs)
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00AM to 11PM
- Friday: 7:00AM to 4:30PM
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Weekend Access to Printing and Main Computer Lab
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 4:00PM to 10:00PM (access from South-facing doors across lawn from Nicholson Commons)
- Research help and other reference services
- Use the chat box on the Library homepage
- Call 619-849-2337 during Library hours (Mon.-Fri.)
- Email email@example.com anytime
- Research Help Desk Hours (in-person, chat, text, call, or email)
- Monday through Thursday: 10:00AM to 9:00PM
- Friday: 10:00AM to 4:30PM
- Saturday and Sunday*: Closed (*Sunday online services, including chat and email, from 4:00PM TO 8:00PM)
- Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL)
- ILL continues as normal using the online request form for books or articles
- Note: ILL delivery of print books may be subject to mail delays
- Course reserves materials, once returned by a student, will undergo a 3-day quarantine period before being available again for borrowing
- Library Research Instruction
- Librarians can create video tutorials to share with students asynchronously or teach interactive online instruction sessions.
- Faculty, complete the Instruction Request Form or contact your liaison librarian for more information.
- There will be a 3-day quarantine of library materials, including Course Reserves, after materials are returned.
- We are following the protocol set forth by the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences, which advises the quarantine of materials between use during the pandemic.
Books and Other Physical Items
- Identify the items you need using the Library's catalog, WorldCat
- Email the Research Help Desk at RefLib@pointloma.edu to make pick-up arrangements
- Return items to the book drop bin in front of the library (near caf lane).
- Items will be quarantined for three days before becoming available for borrowing again
- Print reserve items are available, but they are subject to a three-day quarantine between users
Databases for Journal Articles
- Credo Reference: More than 700 dictionaries and encyclopedias; thousands of topic pages, mind-maps, and other resources
- Ebook Central: Approximately 150,000 ebooks with unlimited access; allows individual chapter downloads
- EBSCO Ebook Collection: Full-text access to hundreds of digital books on a variety of subjects
Stay up-to-date with our announcements by following up on Instagram and Facebook.
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.