Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ryan Library Covid-19 Information
Ryan Library is committed to providing access to materials and services for all Point Loma Nazarene University students, faculty, and staff. Our highest priority is to protect the safety of library users while still allowing access to the resources and spaces needed for research and study.
- Regular Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 7am-1am; Fri. 7am-5pm; Sat. 11am-6pm; Sun. 1pm-12am
- Hours vary during holidays and academic breaks
Covid-Related Safety Measures
- Masks: PLNU policy currently requires all unvaccinated people to wear masks indoors; masks are optional for those who have received both their Covid-19 vaccination and a booster.
- Cleaning: Please use the sanitizing wipes available throughout the library to clean tables and other surfaces prior to use if you wish to do so. Hand sanitizer is available in several locations in the library.
Library Materials and Resources
Books and Other Physical Items
- Books, media, Reserve materials, and other library items may be borrowed as usual
Databases for Journal Articles
- Credo Reference: More than 700 dictionaries and encyclopedias; thousands of topic pages, mind-maps, and other resources
- Ebook Central: Approximately 150,000 ebooks with unlimited access; allows individual chapter downloads
- EBSCO Ebook Collection: Full-text access to hundreds of digital books on a variety of subjects
Stay up-to-date with our announcements by following up on Instagram and Facebook.
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.