Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ryan Library Covid-19 Information
Ryan Library is committed to providing access to materials and services for all Point Loma Nazarene University students, faculty, and staff. Our highest priority is to protect the safety of library users while still allowing access to the resources needed for research and study.
Facility (Currently closed, but collections are available)
- Browsing print collections is available by appointment. Email the Research Help Desk at RefLib@pointloma.edu to set up an appointment
- Print books are available for borrowing. To arrange to pick up a print book you would like to borrow, email the Research Help Desk at RefLib@pointloma.edu
- There will be a 3-day quarantine of library materials, including Course Reserves, after materials are returned.
- We are following the protocol set forth by the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences, which advises the quarantine of materials between use during the pandemic.
Books and Other Physical Items
- Identify the items you need using the Library's catalog, WorldCat
- Email the Research Help Desk at RefLib@pointloma.edu to make pick-up arrangements
- Return items to the book drop bin in front of the library (near caf lane).
- Items will be quarantined for three days before becoming available for borrowing again
- Print reserve items are available, but they are subject to a three-day quarantine between users
Databases for Journal Articles
- Credo Reference: More than 700 dictionaries and encyclopedias; thousands of topic pages, mind-maps, and other resources
- Ebook Central: Approximately 150,000 ebooks with unlimited access; allows individual chapter downloads
- EBSCO Ebook Collection: Full-text access to hundreds of digital books on a variety of subjects
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.