Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Citation Cheat Sheets
Use these "cheat sheets" to find sample citations for a variety of source types. You'll see citations for journal articles, online resources, books, and more.
APA Citation Cheat Sheet
This page of examples reflects the APA manual 6th edition (published 2010).
Email the Library
Let us know if you need examples for a different citation style. We'll do our best to create what you need.
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.
Citation Help Online
Looking for help with citation and other writing questions?
AMA Citation Help
This overview of AMA comes from the Health Sciences Library at New York Medical College.
MLA Annotation Example
This site gives description of, and gives examples for an Annotated Bibliography entry in MLA format (7th Edition).
Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue
--Learn about formatting citations and bibliographies
--Find answers to your grammar and punctuation questions
EndNote (Basic) is a web-based tool for managing and citing references in papers and creating bibliographies which allows users to:
- Search online resources
- Collect and organize references
- Format citations and footnotes or a bibliography
- Use numerous citation styles including APA, MLA, Chicago (Turabian).
Addtional instructions are at the Endnote Guide.
- EndNote is available to current members of the PLNU community.
- The first time you use EndNote, login with your PLNU Network ID and password.
- Once you get to EndNote, you will be asked to create a login that can be used from anywhere--it will not be necessary to go through the PLNU website for future sign-ins to EndNote.
- NOTE: EndNote works best in the Firefox browser.