Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Books at Ryan Library
WorldCat is the tool you need to research books (and more). With one search, you will find:
- Books and media materials at PLNU
- ebooks available through PLNU
- Articles from some of our most-used databases
- Books available from other institutions through InterLibrary Loan
A few things you should know:
- For books found in Ryan Library, the check out period is 3 weeks, with an optional 3-week renewal.
- Renew books online by logging in and then selecting "My Library Account" in the upper right of the screen.
Reference Books: Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
Below several print books from Ryan Library's reference collection are highlighted:
Print Books on Art and Design
Reference books, encyclopedias and dictionaries, are kept on in the Reference area and are for in-house use only. Books on art and design that may be borrowed are located on the Upper Level of Ryan Library in the 700 to 779 call number range:
701: Art theory
709: Art History
730: Sculpture, Ceramics, & Metalwork
740: Graphic Art
760: Print making
770: Photography and film
Credo Reference: Art and Art History
Credo Reference helps you start your art research with reference resources in art history, biographies of artists, and vast image collections from the Bridgeman Archives.
Ryan Library provides access to over 180,000 ebooks.