Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About InterLIbrary Loan
Interlibrary Loan is a service that allows current students, faculty, and staff to borrow research materials not available at Ryan Library from institutions that are part of a worldwide sharing community.
The InterLibrary Loan service allows you to borrow books, articles and other materials.
Dissertations and Theses: Many institutions will not lend theses or dissertations. If we are unable to borrow a dissertation from another library, you may be able to buy it from UMI Dissertation Express (via Web, mail or telephone request).
Questions about InterLibrary Loan?
Borrow Books from other San Diego Libraries
PLNU students, faculty, and staff may borrow books from the following local libraries:
- San Diego Public Library system can be used by any San Diego resident. Central Library is located downtown at 330 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA, 92101.There are also branch libraries in Pt. Loma and Ocean Beach (hours vary). You will need to sign up for a library card to check out materials.
Accessing or Requesting Articles
InterLibrary Loan allows members of the PLNU community to request articles from another library.
Before you request an article, complete the following steps (in this order) to verify that the article is not available at PLNU:
- Find out if the journal is full text in one of our databases.
- Find out if the journal (hard copy) is located in Ryan Library.
- Use InterLibrary Loan to request the article.
Do you work or attend classes at a PLNU location other than the main campus? Use the Interlibrary Loan form to request books or articles from PLNU's Ryan Library.
Requesting Materials from Other Libraries
Use this option when requesting items that are not available at Ryan Library:
- Articles, books and other materials can be requested from InterLibrary Loan.
- Books requested via InterLibrary Loan may take a minumum of 7-10 business days.
- Loan periods and renewal availability varies depending on the participating libraries.
- Overdue fines will apply.
Click Here for ILL Request Form
Please select either the article or book form
Ask a Librarian
Chat with a librarian here!
You can also connect via text message at 619-592-8884 or by email.