Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FCS Guide Welcome
Welcome to Ryan Library’s Family & Consumer Sciences Research Guide! Use this guide to:
- Find specialized Reference sources
- Find books that build your knowledge
- Find scholarly articles with research data
- Find reliable, useful Internet resources
Explore the tabs above, and please ask for help whenever you need it.
Why Use Reference Books?
Reference sources provide background information, an overview of a topic, specialized vocabulary and terminology, and critical concepts. The Library has reference materials both online and in print.
Want more information?
Searching for Reference Books
- Go to WorldCat
- Search using a concise description of your topic plus "encyclopedias" (plural)
- Choose "Point Loma Nazarene University" in the pull-down menu
- If needed, repeat using a broader description of your topic
- Click on title of encyclopedia
- Use the "call number" to find the book in the Reference Area
- Use the index at the very end of the encyclopedia to find a relevant article
Reference Books - Family & Consumer Sciences
Ryan Library has several encyclopedias that may be useful for FCS students, including:
All Research Guides at Ryan Library