Ask a Librarian
Need help? Ask us!
Text us: (619) 592-8884
All LibGuides at PLNU
Click to view a list of all of the Ryan Library's Research Guides, or to search for the one you need.
Option 1: Request books via Link+
- Link+ is your fastest option for accessing a book that is not available at PLNU
- Link+ is a network of libraries in California and Nevada. Books are delivered between these libraries via courier.
- Books can be requested online and picked up at PLNU. Take a look at our Link+ Fact Sheet.
- Books requested via Link+ typically arrive in 2-5 days.
- If you are a student, faculty, or staff at one of PLNU's Regional Centers, check to see if there is a Link+ library in your area.
Visit a Link+ Library
PLNU patrons may visit any of these Link+ libraries as part of the visiting patron program.
This program allows you to:
- Check out a book from a participating Link+ library with your PLNU ID card.
- Use book for 3 weeks, with an optional renewal of another 3 weeks.
Important: Please have your PLNU ID card with you at the time of checkout.
Note: Most libraries n the Link+ system participate in this program, but there are a few exceptions. Check this list before visiting a library.
Borrow Books from other San Diego Libraries
PLNU students, faculty, and staff may borrow books from the following local libraries:
- San Diego Public Library system can be used by any San Diego resident. The new (2013) Central Library is located downtown at 330 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA, 92101.There are also branch libraries in Pt. Loma and Ocean Beach (hours vary). You will need to sign up for a library card to check out materials.
Option 2: Request books via ILLiad
- Use ILLiad when a book is unavailable at PLNU or through Link+
- Check Phineas and Link+ for availability before requesting a book through ILLiad.
- Books requested via ILLiad take 7-10 business days.
- FYI, ILLiad works best in Mozilla Firefox and Safari browsers (there are some problems with Internet Explorer).