Ask a Librarian
Need help? Ask us!
All LibGuides at PLNU
Click to view a list of all of the Ryan Library's Research Guides, or to search for the one you need.
Option 1: Request books via Link+
- Link+ is your fastest option for accessing a book that is not available at PLNU
- Link+ is a network of libraries in California and Nevada. Books are delivered between these libraries via courier.
- Books can be requested online and picked up at PLNU. Take a look at our Link+ Fact Sheet.
- Books requested via Link+ typically arrive in 2-5 days.
- If you are a student, faculty, or staff at one of PLNU's Regional Centers, check to see if there is a Link+ library in your area.
Visit a Link+ Library
PLNU patrons may visit any of these Link+ libraries as part of the visiting patron program.
This program allows you to:
- Check out a book from a participating Link+ library with your PLNU ID card.
- Use book for 3 weeks, with an optional renewal of another 3 weeks.
Important: Please have your PLNU ID card with you at the time of checkout.
Note: Most libraries n the Link+ system participate in this program, but there are a few exceptions. Check this list before visiting a library.
Option 2: Request books via ILLiad
- Use ILLiad when a book is unavailable at PLNU or through Link+
- Check Phineas and Link+ for availability before requesting a book through ILLiad.
- Books requested via ILLiad take 7-10 business days.
- FYI, ILLiad works best in Mozilla Firefox and Safari browsers (there are some problems with Internet Explorer).