FCS Guide Welcome
Welcome to Ryan Library’s Family & Consumer Sciences Research Guide! Use this guide to:
- Find specialized Reference sources
- Find books that build your knowledge
- Find scholarly articles with research data
- Find reliable, useful Internet resources
Explore the tabs above, and please ask for help whenever you need it.
Why Use Reference Books?
Reference sources provide background information, an overview of a topic, specialized vocabulary and terminology, and critical concepts. The Library has reference materials both online and in print.
Want more information?
- Contact the Reference Desk on the Main Level of Ryan Library (619.849.2337)
- Email email@example.com
- Instant Message at Ask a Librarian
Finding Reference Sources
Need to find an encyclopedia not listed on this page?
- Go to the Advanced Search in PHINEAS
- Type a concise search (1 or 2 words) in the keyword box
- Select Reference in the location box
- If you have trouble finding resources, ask a librarian for help
Reference Books - Family & Consumer Sciences
Ryan Library has several encyclopedias that may be useful for FCS students, including: