Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Discover a Database
Access Ryan Library databases using the links below. Log in with your PLNU username and password.
Try these options first:
From Citations to Articles
Don't Give Up!
Many articles cited in a library database or in resources like Google Scholar are available through Ryan Library, even if you can't link to them directly.
How to search:
1. Use the Journals Directory to search for the title of the journal in which the article was published; it will list any database with complete articles from that journal.
2. Use WorldCat, the library's catalog, to search for the title of the journal; it will indicate whether our library has hard copies of the journal.
3. Use the ILLiad interlibrary loan service to place a request for articles not available through the library.
About Communication & Mass Media Complete
Communication & Mass Media Complete (CMMC) is an EBSCO database, so it should look familiar. Combine it with other EBSCO databases, including Academic Search Premier and PsycINFO or PsycARTICLES.
What does it have?
- Scholarly journals about communication and mass media topics
- Full-text access to over 450 journals
TIP: Try a SUBJECT search for "qualitative research" or "quantitative research"
ComAbstracts contains abstracts of articles and books published in the primary professional literature of the communication disciplines.
What does it have?
- Information about articles, books, and other materials
- Detailed search options (with automatic searching for synonyms)
- Easy subject browsing
About PsycARTICLES & PsycINFO
These two databases are provided by the American Psychological Association. Search them together to combine the broader coverage of PsycINFO with the full-text power of PsycARTICLES.
What do they have?
- Extensive coverage of journals published by the APA
- Current information and deep backfiles of historical content
- Advanced search features to narrow results according to study sample