Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Citation Cheat Sheets
Communication courses use the APA Manual for formatting papers and lists of references. Use this "cheat sheet" to see sample citations for a variety of source types.
Contact the Library
Do you need help using APA citation style? PLNU librarians are happy to help!
Citation Help Online
Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue
--Learn about using APA format
--Find answers to your grammar and punctuation questions
A Writer's Reference
--Learn about finding sources in different disciplines
--Review sample papers in a variety of styles
--See sample citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, and CBE styles
EndNote (Basic) is a web-based tool for managing and citing references in papers and creating bibliographies which allows users to:
- Search online resources
- Collect and organize references
- Format citations and footnotes or a bibliography
- Use numerous citation styles including APA, MLA, Chicago (Turabian).
Addtional instructions are at the Endnote Guide.
- EndNote is available to current members of the PLNU community.
- The first time you use EndNote, login with your PLNU Network ID and password.
- Once you get to EndNote, you will be asked to create a login that can be used from anywhere--it will not be necessary to go through the PLNU website for future sign-ins to EndNote.
- NOTE: EndNote works best in the Firefox browser.