Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrow books from other libraries
Ryan Library has multiple electronic book collections. The links below take you to the page with all databases. Find the title in alphabetical order:
- eBook Central: A collection of scholarly ebooks providing access to over 75,000 scholarly and reference books, including many award-winning titles. Users can create a "bookshelf" to organize their own content. Topic icons are in alphabetical order. Note Anthropology, Law and Social Science. The Social Sciences icon is in the lower right.
- eBook Collection: This collection (formerly known as NetLibrary) provides full-text access to hundreds of digital version of books on a ariety of subjects.
- Oxford Reference Online has the following titles: A Dictionary of Sociology, Dictionary of the Social Sciences and Science, Technology, and Society
- Cambridge Histories Online Note The Cambridge History of Science, Volume 7. It is a broad cultural history of social science, which analyzes from a variety of perspectives its participation in the making of the modern world.
- GVRL (Gale Virtual Reference Library) has a section of social sciences and law books.
How to Cite...
EndNote is a Web-based tool for managing and citing references in papers and creating bibliographies. EndNote has numerous citation styles including ASA (American Sociological Association) and AAA (American Anthropological Assoication.) EndNote is available to current members of the PLNU community. Use your 8-digit PLNU ID card number to access EndNote Web.
Also look at these online resources for ASA citation help:
American Sociology Association web site
OWL ASA Resources
American Anthropological Association Style Guide - Download a PDF of the AAA guide.