Citation Cheat Sheets
Use these "cheat sheets" to find sample citations for a variety of source types. You'll see citations for journal articles, online resources, books, and more.
Don't see what you need here? Let us know if you need examples for a different citation style. We'll do our best to create what you need.
Citation Format Books in Ryan Library
Ryan Library has books for each of the main styles (APA, MLA, ASA, Chicago, etc.) available in the Reference Area. Below are some specific examples:
Citation Help Online
Use the links below to find citation and writing help pages from a variety of online sources.
Ask a librarian if you need further assistance.
EndNote (Basic) is a web-based tool for managing and citing references in papers and creating bibliographies which allows users to:
- Search online resources
- Collect and organize references
- Format citations and footnotes or a bibliography
- Use numerous citation styles including APA, MLA, Chicago (Turabian).
Addtional instructions are at the Endnote Guide.
- EndNote is available to current members of the PLNU community.
- The first time you use EndNote, login with your PLNU Network ID and password.
- Once you get to EndNote, you will be asked to create a login that can be used from anywhere--it will not be necessary to go through the PLNU website for future sign-ins to EndNote.
- NOTE: EndNote works best in the Firefox browser.
Ask a Librarian
Need help? Ask us!
Text us: (619) 592-8884
Read more about it in St. Martin's Handbook
PLNU's College Composition courses use the 8th Edition of the St. Martin's Handbook as a guide to research.
Chapter 32 provides guidance for citing sources in MLA style.
Chapter 33 provides guidance for citing sources in APA style.
All LibGuides at PLNU
Click to view a list of all of the Ryan Library's Research Guides, or to search for the one you need.