1. PLNU Students, Faculty and Staff
Ryan Library exists primarily to serve the research and information needs of the PLNU Community including current students, faculty and staff.
PLNU patrons can use their PLNU ID card to access library services including:
- Check out books
- Check out key to Group Study Rooms
- Access online databases remotely
- Request interlibrary loans
2. Community Users
It is the policy of Ryan Library to make its resources available to the public. Members of the community surrounding PLNU are welcome to use the library for research or study, and community library cards may be purchased at the Reference desk.
Please take note of the following policies regarding community use of library computers:
- Library research computers are not intended for recreational use; however, community users are invited to conduct research, search online employment listings, or briefly (20-minute maximum) access their email accounts.
- PLNU students, staff, and faculty are always the library’s top priority. At busy times, community users may be asked to relinquish a computer terminal for student use.
- Members of the community using research computers for social networking, general Web surfing, online games, illegal purposes, or any purpose deemed inappropriate in light of the University’s emphasis on grace, truth, and holiness will be asked to leave the library.